You can conduct most business online with our secure and convenient online services. Our online services are available from anywhere and from any of your devices. You can:
- File a claim for retirement, disability, or Medicare benefits;
- Apply for Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drugs;
- Check your application status;
- File an appeal if you were recently denied disability benefits;
- Request a replacement Social Security card (in most areas);
- Print proof of your benefits;
- Explore all of the benefits you may be eligible for at Benefits.gov;
- Request a replacement Medicare card, although your healthcare provider can verify coverage if you know your Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) number;
- Print a SSA-1099;
- Change your address, if you receive benefits;
- Set up or change your direct deposit;
- Complete your Disability Update Report (SSA-455); and
- Much more.
We also have information to answer most of your Social Security questions online, without having to speak with a Social Security representative. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.