Check the Status of your Social Security Application
Our online services let you get the information you need from anywhere, on any device. If you applied for Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits, or have a pending reconsideration or hearing request, you can log in to or create a my Social Security account to check the status of your application.
Your application status shows:
- Your re-entry number for an online benefit application or online appeal that has not been submitted;
- The date we received your application or appeal;
- Scheduled hearing date and time;
- Current claim or appeal location, including the address of the office processing your application; and
- If a decision has been made.
Sign in to your my Social Security account to check your application status
Already have a my Social Security Account?
Sign in to your account, scroll down to the “Your Benefit Application” section and select “View Details” to see your application status.
Still have questions?
If you have questions or need help understanding how to check the status of your Social Security application online, call our toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 or visit your Social Security office. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call our toll-free TTY number, 1-800-325-0778, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.